‘Renovation of the primary school’
Competition – 1st Place
The listed state-owned grain house (completed 1699) was rebuilt to a school building in the middle of the 19th century.
It represents an important eyewitness in the historic village center of Erlach.
Rebuilding in the 1950s and 1980s has changed the historical inventory considerably.
The construction, which stands out with its tower in terms of urban planning, is to be refurbished,
taking into account monument preservation, building law and school requirements.
In order to fulfill the resulting different tasks, an integrative approach is proposed.
Traces of the original version and later added components are to be carefully assembled
through targeted interventions in order to achieve a harmonious overall effect.